Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fantasy Wrap-up - NFL Week 9

Steadily, I am making some headway on my NFL picks. 10 out of 13 NFL underdogs this week covered the point spread. The only favorites to win and cover were Atlanta, Pittsburgh, and Seattle. I went 8-5 this week.

Monday night was another close call for me in Fantasy. In my Dallas league, I was up by 12 points going into the game. I had the Steelers Hines Ward and my opponent had the Denver Broncos defense. He cut the game to 4 points when the Broncos returned a Big Ben fumble for a touchdown.

At that point, the Broncos defense still had not allowed a touchdown and Ward was struggling big time. The Steelers took that kick-off and drove down for a touchdown scored by Ward. After that score, I breathed a little easier. Ward capped off a great night with a late touchdown. The win moved my to 5-4 on the season, but in this league, there is a very tight race for playoff spots. 10 teams basically have a shot to make the playoffs in this league.

I was able to pick up Ryan Moats in my Atlanta league and he scored 10 points for my team, but now Moats is on a bye. My running back situation is a total mess. The Colts' Donald Brown is not playing, Moats is on a bye, Larry Johnson just got cut by the Chiefs and Matt Forte is at the top of the 2009 list of Fantasy team killers.

2009 NFL Picks Record: 67-61-1

No comments: