Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fantasy Wrap-Up - NFL Week 8

Another mediocre week of picking games left me at 6-7 for the weekend. I did pick the Vikings, Miami, and St. Louis to cover, but lost out on the big favorites San Diego, New Orleans, and Arizona. That still leaves me slightly above .500 for the year.

I am not an Atlanta Falcons fan or a New Orleans Saints fan, but I watched almost every play of the 4th quarter with trepidation. In one of my leagues this week, I had a slim lead going into MNF. I had Tony Gonzales, but my opponent was playing Reggie Bush and Jeremy Shockey.

Late in the game, Shockey caught about a 15 yard pass to tie up our Fantasy match up. The Saints eventually scored and the Falcons got the ball back. When Matt Ryan found Gonzales with a couple of catches in the last minutes, I was celebrating like I had won the Kellen Winslow Friendship League title. I am now 4-4 in my Dallas League and I am in playoff contention.

In my Atlanta league, I am just getting torched. I am 1-7, but there was some light at the end of the tunnel this week. My team put up over 90 points with a garbage number two running back. But, the guy I was playing had Stephen Jackson and Maurice Jones-Drew. Unlucky. Another loss.

I am going to try and pick up Ryan Moats this week, so I am not giving up on playing the spoiler role in the final weeks of the season. To make matters worse, TE Owen Daniels is out for the year on this roster.

No comments: