Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fantasy Wrap-up - NFL Week 7

Finally, I made some good NFL picks against the spread. I went 9-3-1 this week. After making the picks, I was nervous because I picked mostly favorites and gave points. Usually, this is what Las Vegas wants the general public to do. If you go with the public opinion, you often get killed on Sundays, but this week Vegas had to lose a ton of money.

It could have been worse. If the 49ers had not pulled QB Shaun Hill, the Houston Texans probably would have been the 11th favorite to cover in Week 7. The only two underdogs to cover were Arizona and Buffalo and they won their games outright. I picked Buffalo in a feeble attempt to give some karma to my Fantasy wide out Terrell Owens. Well, one out of two isn't bad.

Speaking of Fantasy, I am almost at the give up point. I was in a position that happens every week in Fantasy. I was leading both of my games going into Monday Night Football. All I needed was the Washington Redskins to play really well and make the game a low scoring contest. What a joke. David Akers, the Eagles' kicker and the Eagles' defense combined to beat me in both my leagues before halftime!

One bright spot this week was that I did pick up Michael Crabtree in both leagues and he played okay for his first game. That pick up could help me make the playoffs in my Dallas league. What is going on with the Atlanta league, you ask? Forget it. I just watched the Alien sequels last weekend and I have had a Bill Paxton type meltdown already.

It can't be that bad, these are some of the guys on my roster in that league--Matt Forte, Larry Johnson, Anquan Boldin, and Terrell Owens. Remember how good Boldin and Forte were last year? Yeah, neither do I.

2009 NFL Picks Record: 53-49-1

No comments: