Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fantasy Wrap-Up - NFL Week 6

October is a great time to be a sports fan. Monday night's baseball games and Monday Night Football were fun to watch. I really like the late afternoon start time for playoff baseball games. You might miss some of the early innings, but you are able to catch all of the crucial moments.

Going into the weekend, I felt good about my NFL picks. There were a ton of home favorites and big point spreads. I went 6-8 on the weekend to fall one game below .500 for the season. I missed on some close covers by losing teams like the Ravens and Browns.

At least, playoff baseball is giving me something to look forward to, because my Fantasy Football season is slowly going down the drain. I was killed in my Atlanta league this weekend to drop to 1-5 on the season. In my Dallas league, my receivers had nice games, but both my bench running backs played better than my starters. I am having a major dilemma every Sunday on whether to start the Giants' Brandon Jacobs or Ahmad Bradshaw. So far, I have been staying with Jacobs, but he is struggling big time.

Here is my Fantasy year in a microcosm. Peyton Manning has been carrying me, but he was on a bye this week. There were very few options on the waiver wire, but I went with Mark Sanchez of the Jets against the Bills. All Sanchez did was throw 5 interceptions in one of the worst performances by a QB this season. Sanchez looked miserable in the cold and wind in New York. I guess I should have figured in the weather.

The bright spots this week for me were my TE's, Hines Ward, Randy Moss, and Aaron Rodgers. Hines is quietly having a Pro Bowl season. Moss was huge against the Titans and he looks to be back in sync with Tom Brady. Rodgers has been steady this year, but he is the one guy I can count on in my Atlanta league and he is not going to win Fantasy games by himself.

In my Dallas league, I am 3-3 and I think my line-up is solid going into the second half of the Fantasy season. I need the Ravens' defense to step up, but other than that I am getting above average production from the other players. I need to pick up a kicker this week and will probably go with a kicker playing against a bad team.

No comments: