Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fantasy Wrap-Up - NFL Week 3

So far, I am not able to get a read on this NFL season. I am just scuffling along on my picks. This weekend I went 8-8. Ten favorites covered the spread. Clearly, I have to become a believer in Kevin Kolb, the Baltimore Ravens, and Jay Cutler.

My Fantasy Football weekend was very solid. My teams went 2-0 this weekend with very high scores. Carnell Williams, Tony Gonzalez, and Larry Johnson put up terrible numbers, but other than that my players came through in a big way. It helps that I had Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning starting at the QB position. Manning looked great in the Sunday night game. Without a dynamic running back, the Colts are going to have to throw for touchdowns in the Red Zone. Yes.

Interesting week coming up in the NFL because the bye weeks have arrived. Your bench is going to be a big factor. I am struggling with my number 2 running back in both of my leagues. It may help that I drafted Marshawn Lynch and he is finally going to be active this week after being suspended for the first 3 games. I wonder how much he will play though, because Fred Jackson has been producing for the Bills. It might be a wait-and-see approach if you own Marshawn Lynch.

One of the other pleasant surprises for me this week was the play of Eagles' back up running back LeShon McCoy. Of course, I did not start him, but with Bryan Westbrook always injured, McCoy could be valuable down the road. I also have Brent Celek the Eagles' tight end. I have been starting Owen Daniels and he has been playing well. I definitely would listen to trade offers for either Celek or Daniels. Neither one of my leagues makes many trades. Too much pride on the line and and nobody wants to look foolish.

I would like to pick up either a receiver or a running back this week, because I am not sold on Patrick Crayton and he is one of the back ups that I will need to play when my starters are on their bye weeks. He is a guy that could score some Fantasy points or be held without a reception in a game. Tough winning fantasy games with those type of guys.

No comments: