Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fantasy Wrap-Up - NFL Week 1

The weekend could not have started worse for me with losses in the first 5 games of my NFL Week 1 picks. Luckily, I was able to bounce back on Sunday and I felt good going into last night's Monday night games. I picked both favorites and lost both games to finish Week 1 at 7-9.

My Fantasy teams were worse. I lost both my games this weekend. In my Dallas league, Vincent Jackson's touchdown late against the Raiders gave my opponent a 5 point victory in a close contest. I needed Randy Moss to score one of those last minute Patriot touchdowns. Clearly, Beanie Wells is not the answer at the number 2 running back slot.

In the Atlanta league, my team put up the least amount of points. I was counting on Aaron Rodgers to play big and he came up with one of the worst Fantasy totals of his career. Matt Forte was another major disappointment. If the Bears are not going to use Forte, they are in for a long season. Hopefully, Forte will get a lot more carries and receptions next week.

In real life and in fantasy football, you really cannot feel good when you are counting on wide receivers Terrell Owens and Anquan Boldin. I think Owens can bounce back, but the Bills have to at least give him some targets. I might have been equally as frustrated as Owens during last night's game.

Boldin is a whole other story. Boldin did not practice much last week and I checked the Cardinals' beat writers all week. Most said that he doubted he would play. Boldin even was quoted as saying that he did not want to play and risk missing more time by re-injuring his hamstring. I drafted the other Cardinals' receiver Steve Breaston as a handcuff for Boldin. So, on Sunday, I made the switch. Breaston at least had been practicing. Bad move. Boldin played and Breaston was inactive. Boldin did not play well and the Cardinals look like they might be a victim of the Super Bowl loser jinx.

Luckily, my team played so badly this week that I think I get the first pick in the waiver wire. If that is the case, I will be picking up Cadillac Williams. I might need a Lou Holtz pep talk even though it did not help the Ohio State Buckeyes this weekend.

No comments: