Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fantasy Wrap-Up - NFL Week 2

Once again this week, I hovered right around .500 on my NFL picks with the spread, but the night games on Sunday and Monday put me over the top for the weekend. I picked the Giants and the Colts in those games to finish at 9-7.

In my Fantasy match-ups, I went 1-1, but with a silver lining. I scored big in the loss which could mean good things for the rest of the season. If the Chicago Bears and Jay Cutler do not start using running back Matt Forte, I am going to be in for a long season. My second highest scorer on this team is RB Mike Bell and I picked him up after the waiver wire last week. Forte was my highest draft pick and he has to play well.

All morning on Sunday, I messed with the idea of starting both Giants' running backs against the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys were horrible against the run in Week 1 versus Tampa. I figured that it was too early in the season to start playing hunches; plus, if you give up a ton of yards rushing one week, the Cowboys' coaching staff probably focused on stopping the run all week against the Giants. Brandon Jacobs had below average game and Ahmad Bradshaw did not really do anything. Starting Mike Bell was my best call of the season so far.

On a positive note, T.O. scored a touchdown and could have had another long completion if he would not have dropped the pass from QB Trent Edwards. Even without probable starter Marshawn Lynch, the Bills' offense looks to be much improved. Owens should be able to have some big games this year.

In my Dallas league, my team scored its first victory of the season. However, it might have been less to do with my players than the fact that the Jets were able to contain Tom Brady who was going for the other owner. I picked up Cadillac Williams in this league and he had another solid performance for the Buccanneers. Another guy that I picked up is wide receiver Patrick Crayton. He gives me a solid back up wide receiver and this week I probably will not be making any roster moves. Hopefully, this week I can post my first line-up advice of the Fantasy season.

No comments: