Monday, September 8, 2008

Wrap Up - Week 1

Start’em

Brett Favre and Thomas Jones, Jets. Favre was 15-22 for 194 yards and 2 touchdowns. Thomas Jones rushed for 101 yards and 1 touchdown on 22 carries. He matched his touchdown total for last season. I was right on these two guys.

Earnest Graham, Buccaneers. Graham rushed for 91 yards on 10 carries. He also caught 3 passes for 27 yards. Graham continues his success from the end of last season. At this point, he is a must start for Fantasy owners.

Larry Johnson, Chiefs. Johnson had 22 rushes for 74 yards and caught 1 pass for 12 yards. This is a respectable week for a number two Fantasy back. Unfortunately for me, LJ is a number one Fantasy back. Count this as a loss.

Isaac Bruce, Niners. This pick was an embarrassment. Yesterday was only the 7th time in Bruce’s career that he was held without a catch. This is panic time for Bruce owners. Do not play him until he produces. Start thinking about a waiver wire pick up.

Roy Williams, Lions. Williams only had 47 total yards, but he did get into the end zone on a great catch against the Falcons. Scoring touchdowns is what Fantasy Football is all about.

Sit’em

Roddy White, Falcons. White could only muster 54 total yards. He was not much of a factor this week with Michael Jenkins catching a long TD pass from QB Matt Ryan. If the Falcons run the ball like this, keep playing White.

Aaron Rodgers, Packers. I missed on this prediction. Rodgers was very solid for the Packers. He threw for a touchdown, ran for a touchdown, and totaled 214 yards. In most leagues, this is 20 Fantasy points.

Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks. Hasselbeck was able to throw for a TD and 190 yards passing, but he also tossed an interception. Less than 10 Fantasy points for your starting quarterback will not get you many wins in any league.

Total: 6 right and 3 wrong

My Picks

Wins: Giants, Jets, Chiefs, Steelers, Saints, Bills, Panthers, Dallas, Bears
Losses: Bengals, Lions, Jaguars, Niners, Rams, Vikings, Oakland
Total: 9-7

Fantasy Games: In my weekend match ups, I was 1-1. Both of my opposing owners had monster running back games. One had Michael Turner, and the other guy had Willie Parker. I was fortunate to come out with one victory. I had very good Fantasy performances from Marion Barber, Tony Romo, Big Ben, Reggie Bush, Hines Ward, and some others. My TE position is in terrible shape. I definitely am looking for an upgrade at that position. Also, Tory Holt gave me 0 points which is a huge surprise. As bad as the Rams looked, will Holt even be a factor in the offense this season.

Eliminator Contest: I picked the Patriots. I survived this week even with the near fatal, early injury to Tom Brady. My wife picked the Giants, so she could relax and enjoy the games this weekend.

No comments: